WordPress is having its own in-built editor for writing, editing and publishing posts but it lacks on many fronts and is not suitable for complex editing or structural data. To overcome this shortage there are many 3rd party and offline WordPress editor and publisher that are easily & freely available around net. Here is a list of them by wordpress.org.
But today I am going to explain you that how the best word editor can be used as WordPress Publisher without any 3rd party add-on or installation. This have many benefits such as we have power of rich editing provided by Microsoft, more editing options , power to add charts, smart arts and many other features. Continue reading to learn how to publish posts in Word press using MS Word.
- Open MS Word.
- Then, on the top left corner click on Windows Button or File (in office 10). There click on New.
- A new page will be opened. Their select Blog Post as the new document type.
- In the new window, you will be prompted to register your blog with word or an option to do it later. We will register the blog first.
- In drop-down new box on next windows, select WordPress as your blog provider.
- On next box, enter your site URL and username/password of your account.
- Click OK and MS Word will connect to your account.
- After your account is added, you can start typing your wonderful post and editing it with useful tools of word.
- After you have done all you writing, formatting and editing, you need to publish the post.
- Click on Publish button i.e. first button under blog post tab on ribbon.
So here you have published your blog post with just using MS Word that to without any other software or add-on.
You also have an option to publish post as draft so further formatting in WordPress. Option to publish as draft will come when you will press arrow below publish button.