You must have come across many post telling you that folder name con can’t be created in Microsoft. The reason as given by many other website is:
In MS-DOS, several special “device files” were available to aid in performing certain tasks, such as clearing the screen or deleting extraneous output from a program. In order to maintain backwards-compatibility, all versions of Windows up to and including Windows Vista will refuse to allow you to create a file with these “reserved” device file names.
Actually this explanation is pretty correct but there are few way by which you can bypass the restriction to create a folder name con. Here are few method you can use to boast in front of your friend. So just follow the steps below and watch.
- Create it by command prompt
- Open Run -> type “cmd” click ok.
- Type there
If you want to make a folder in any other place the replace e: by the path of that folder or drive
- You can’t delete the folder the normal method. To delete it please in type in command prompt
- Create it by pressing Alt +255
- To do this , create a new folder and then press F2
- Now you can rename the folder. Type con and then press Alt+ 255 (only by number pad)
- This folder can be deleted normally.
How simply it was to create folder name con. By this method you can also create folder with other reserve words like: